openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Georgi Naplatanov <go...@oles.biz>
Subject Re: How to detect whether there are any dirty objects?
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2008 11:29:00 GMT
Hello, David,

EntityTransaction.isActive() really don't do this. It's my mistake.

Because i'm interesting for this issue too, i make the following test,
but without success:

EntityManager em = emf.create EntityManager() ;
em.getTransaction.begin() ;
Query q = em.createQuery("DELETE FROM Myobject x") ;
q.executeUpdate() ;

OpenJPAEntityManager kem = OpenJPAPersistence.cast(em);

boolean isDirty = !(kem.getUpdatedClasses().isEmpty() &&
kem.getPersistedClasses().isEmpty() && kem.getRemovedClasses().isEmpty() ) ;

em.getTransaction().rollback() ;

But isDirty is always false. May be these methods do not work with queries.

Best regards
Georgi