openjpa-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From David Goodenough <>
Subject May have part of the answer to my ClassCastException
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 15:57:59 GMT
I thought that I might give today's 1.1.0 snapshot a go, just to see
if the problem had been fixed along the way.

Well it found a problem, but only when I debugged my way through
the code using Eclipse.  The normal enhancer seems to suppress
such messages, but stepping through I found a message to the 
effect that two of my classes (the super classes) were not in 
persistence.xml.  Now I suppose this may be because when running
under Eclipse I am running with the unenhanced classes and it had 
to enhance them on the fly, but it does seem a shame that the 
Enhancer does not check that super classes are properly marked
in persistence.xml.


PS, I am not out of the woods yet, but I have got much further.  I am
now having problem when I try to do a find() with a ClassCastException
trying to convert a PGObject to a Date, but that I am working on.  It seems
to happen inside SingleFieldManager.proxy and also in Basic.pcReplaceField
which is of course a generated routine (by the enhancer) and therefore I
do not have the source (odd in an open source project!).  I guess I will have
to resort to a decompiler to find out what it is doing.

View raw message