openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "roger.keays" <roger.ke...@ninthavenue.com.au>
Subject Re: Different schema per entity manager?
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 03:31:15 GMT

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the reply. I'll look into those options. Our use case is that we
have one webapp deployed which is set up for 30+ different customers. To
make things simpler, we're using a separate database (actually, schema) for
each customer, so we need an EMF for each one. We've found that with all the
caching going on we have problems with memory usage and our best bet so far
has been to disable caching entirely and let the OS manage that memory for
disk caching.

Would using named queries make any difference? Or would they still be
compiled into the same QueryCompilationCache?

Cheers,

Roger