openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Brill Pappin" <br...@pappin.ca>
Subject RE: Problem with Postgresql TIMESTAMP objects
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 23:15:34 GMT
Isn't type timestamp a long value?

- Brill Pappin

-----Original Message-----
From: David Goodenough [mailto:david.goodenough@btconnect.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2008 4:46 PM
To: users@openjpa.apache.org
Subject: Problem with Postgresql TIMESTAMP objects

In my application I am using an @Version field which is a timestamp.

I declare is (in Basic for those following the saga)

@Version @Temporal(TemporalType.TIMESTAMP) private Date version;

(and that is a java.util.Date, not a java.sql.Date).

But when loading the metadata for the classes it says:-

2019  bucksmusic  TRACE  [main] openjpa.MetaData -      Resolving
field "uk.co.dga.bucksmusic.jpa.Role@28360136.version".
2019  bucksmusic  TRACE  [main] openjpa.MetaData -      "version" has
mapping
strategy "none".
2020  bucksmusic  TRACE  [main] openjpa.MetaData -      Resolving
field "uk.co.dga.bucksmusic.jpa.Role@28360136.fullName".
2020  bucksmusic  TRACE  [main] openjpa.MetaData -      "fullName" has
mapping
strategy "org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.meta.strats.StringFieldStrategy".

So it has correctly identified fullName as being a String, but for version
the strategy is none, where is should be TimestampVersionStrategy (I
presume).

Is this something I have set up wrong?

If I try changing version to being an int, it works.  But I had thought from
the manual that using a Date field was an option?

David