openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Brill Pappin" <br...@pappin.ca>
Subject Direct mappings of list and map
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 02:03:31 GMT
I'm trying to map an entity's list and/or map directly to a table (I don't
want a separate entity for the entries).

I did find the section 7.6.1.  Container Table but its unclear how it
supposed to work, or is not working at all.
An example is:

@ContainerTable
@ElementJoinColumn
private List<EnumType> enumCollection = new ArrayList<EnumType>();

Now what I expect is a linked table that uses all the defaults for those two
annotations, however openjpa is skipping the column.

I need to do the same thing with a map. E.g Map<String, String>

Does anyone have an example of how this is supposed to work?

- Brill Pappin