openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Charlie Walker" <maveric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migrating ejb 2.1 entity beans to jpa in weblogic
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 13:44:19 GMT
Hi Craig,
Thanks for the help.  Let me see if I understand correctly.

1.  our oracle 10g database only supports "read committed", "serializable"
and "read only" tranasction isolation levels.
2.  on the "write side", issuing an entitymanager.flush(), forces the
changes to the database.

my question: "I thought since the underlying database is set to
"read-committed", after executing the flush, only connections within the
current transaction would be able to read the changes to the database until
commit time."  Is this correct?

Hi Charlie,

--
Charlie Walker - Registered Linux User #62358

"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit
us to be pirates." - Mark Twain