openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help needed with JBoss and openJPA
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 18:34:12 GMT
Hi,

Are you putting OpenJPA into your EAR, or into the JBoss environment somewhere?

It could be that if you're putting OpenJPA into JBoss's environment,
it's loaded in a parent classloader. Meanwhile, OpenJPA holds onto the
context ClassLoader when the EMF is first created. Maybe that
classloader is invalidated during the undeploy, but the OpenJPA EMF is
not being closed by JBoss during the undeploy, and so when the
redeploy happens, the old EMF is still used.

Can you set the openjpa.Log setting like so, and post the output when
you do a deploy followed by a redeploy?

    <property name="openjpa.Log" value="DefaultLevel=INFO"/>

If a new EMF is being created after redeploying, we should see two
OpenJPA startup banners; if only one EMF is created (and somehow
reused), we should see just a single banner.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey
202 669 5907