openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Kristof Jozsa <...@ond.vein.hu>
Subject Re: Why would I choose OpenJPA over Hibernate?
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 14:17:21 GMT
Why I realize that Rick (and this list particularly) mainly looks for
pro-OpenJPA reasons here on the topic, I cant resist adding the reason why I
cannot use OpenJPA over Hibernate at the moment:

I simply cannot find or build any working example and/or configuration sample or
docs using weaving enabled OpenJPA in a Spring environment which would work both
running on a server and started without a container for unit tests.

thanks,
Kristof

Marc LaPierre wrote:
> Although not an in-depth report:
>
> I've used Hibernate, NHibernate, and OpenJPA. I found the Hibernates to
> be easier to use and less prone to errors. It also offers functionality
> that isn't offered in OpenJPA (such as an IsDirty method) and the
> CASCADE options are smarter in Hibernate. Also the portability to
> NHibernate makes it that much easier if you develop onm multiple
> platforms.
>
> Personally I only use OpenJPA when I must (i.e., when it's been decreed
> or when maintaining an existing project).
>
> - Marc

and may be unlawful.