openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Saint Croix" <saintx.opensou...@gmail.com>
Subject Thanks to the OpenEJB and OpenJPA communities!
Date Sun, 20 Jan 2008 05:13:35 GMT
To all OpenEJB devs and users,

Today I was able (barely) to tag and release version alpha-05 of my open
source project CORM.  This release includes the first real step in the
project toward supporting persistent entity model.  I won't get into details
here, because this isn't about my project.  I'm writing to thank everyone in
the OpenJPA and especially the OpenEJB communities who have worked so hard
to make these great products.  There is absolutely no way I'd have been able
to get this done without you guys (and gals).

In less than two months of nights and weekends from a cold-dead start,
including two weeks of vacation, I was able to get up and over the learning
curve and implement persistence for the most difficult part of my
application library.  Every time I thought my project was going to have to
bend in order to accomplish persistence, I was proven wrong.  I never had to
compromise my software design in order to get my entities to into the
database and back out, which you should all consider a major
accomplishment.

By embedding OpenEJB directly into my unit tests and using an in-memory
database,  I was able to test my entire API, including every method, CRUD
tests for each entity, and every cascade in under 16 seconds.   And with a
little time on IRC, I think I'll be able to tune my queries even more!

So, thanks to all who helped, from both the OpenEJB and OpenJPA projects.  I
hope to keep pushing the envelope and writing great software with the ASF.

Warm regards (which matters here in Minneapolis tonight: -17 degrees
Fahrenheit!)
--
Alexander R. Saint Croix

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/saintx/eremite/2008/01/thanks_to_the_openejb_and_open.html