openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Extended Persistence Context in multi-threaded app
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2008 19:39:12 GMT
If you want to allow multiple concurrent transactions, you'll need to
have multiple EntityManagers. For example, if you want a given network
operation to happen in a separate transaction while other
transactional work is happening, you'll need a separate EM for that
network operation. You can probably avoid this complexity if you defer
all the database work until the end of the network operation, but the
right answer will really depend on what you want your business process
to look like.

If you end up with multiple EMs, you can register a
TransactionListener to notify the main GUI EM when a different EM
modifies data.

-Patrick