openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Gokhan Ergul <gokhan.er...@telenity.com>
Subject Re: ReportingSQLException: library routine called out of sequence
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2008 22:12:00 GMT
In terms randomness, I can think of two possibilities off the top of my
head: 1. you might be using timer tasks (i.e. java.util.Timer of sth to
that effect) which perform some operations on a pre-allocated
EntityManager upon expiration, 2. you might be using some library with
which you register callback interfaces and the library invokes your
methods from a different thread. If you can tell us how you create &
dispose of EntityManagers, it'll help spotting the problem.

About your pooling questions: OpenJPA does not have a built-in
connection pool, but you can plug javax.sql.DataSource compliant
connection pools (such as http://commons.apache.org/dbcp/) via
|openjpa|.ConnectionFactory configuration. And there's no thread-pooling
in JDBC layer.