openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Gokhan Ergul <gokhan.er...@telenity.com>
Subject Re: ReportingSQLException: library routine called out of sequence
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2008 21:09:16 GMT
Marc, based on the causes mentioned on the link you provided, I'd guess
you're using the same EntityManager instance from multiple threads. Per
JPA spec, EntityManager instances are not thread-safe.

The way in which EntityManagers use JDBC connections is configurable and
explained here:

http://openjpa.apache.org/docs/latest/manual/ref_guide_dbsetup_retain.html

That configuration however is not likely to help with the error you're
seeing, if your application shares EntityManagers across multiple threads.