openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Ryan Cornia" <rcor...@myriad.com>
Subject Re: XMLEncoder not working?
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 14:43:34 GMT
The code is simply:

try {            Gene g = new GeneDAO().findById("BRCA1");
XMLEncoder e = new XMLEncoder(                new BufferedOutputStream(
new FileOutputStream("Test.xml")));            e.writeObject(g);
e.close();        } catch (Exception e) {            System.out.println(e);
e.printStackTrace();        }

The exception doesn┬╣t give much info:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.openjpa.enhance.com$myriad$common$Gene$pcsubclass Continuing ...
java.lang.Exception: XMLEncoder: discarding statement
XMLEncoder.writeObject(com$myriad$common$Gene$pcsubclass); Continuing ...

For Junit testing, I want to feed in objects that are pre-loaded, but not
from the database. My thought was to use XMLEncoder to generate a set of XML
files for the objects I want to feed into my database, then use XMLDecoder
to populate those objects in the unit tests separate from the database. This
way my test objects in Junit will always be consistent, and not depend on a
database.

Maybe there is a better way for accomplishing what I am trying to do?

Thanks.
Ryan