openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Casade Persist
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2007 22:32:09 GMT
Hi,

I can't tell from your description what might be going wrong, but
there is one clue. You ask if all entities should be persisted in one
transaction. Not necessarily. But if you have several transactions,
it's possible that you are using detached instances and the problem
might be that if you assign an instance to a field of a detached
instance and then commit the transaction, nothing happens!

You need to make sure you merge all detached instances or nothing is
supposed to happen.

Can you attach a test case?

Craig