openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Roy Smith <roy.sm...@primetext.com>
Subject Re: Custom data types
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2007 06:10:47 GMT
Thanks for the pointer, Patrick.

I've created a MoneyValueHandler based on the PointHandler example. So
far so good.
Now I'm struggling to see how I configure my handler into OpenJPA.

I've tried adding this line to my persistence.xml
<property name="openjpa.jdbc.MappingDefaults"
value="FieldStrategy='couk_cleverthinking_gwappo_db_money=couk.cleverthinking.gwappo.db.MoneyValueHandler'"/>
but it seems to have no effect, ie. my handler is not being invoked.

I'm guessing I've got the configuration wrong or missed a step, but I
can't seem to find any examples on how to achieve this.

very best wishes
Roy