openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Gul Onural" <onu...@nortel.com>
Subject org.apache.openjpa.persistence.ArgumentException
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 10:42:02 GMT

Hi,

I enhanced my JPA class using PCEnhancer, but I am still getting
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.ArgumentException, when
openjpa attempts to cast instance of my JPA class.

[11/1/07 5:26:44:423 GMT-05:00] 00000020 SystemErr     R <0.0.0 nonfatal
user error> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.ArgumentException: Attempt to
cast instance "com.test.Employee" to PersistenceCapable failed.  Ensure
that it has been enhanced.

What would cause this to happen ?

What type of debugging can tell me more about why this is happening ?

Would it be because of incorrect packaging of JPA files ?

I am using JPA files from an Mbean (management bean) in IBM Websphere.
My Mbean is packaged a war file. Where does openjpa look for
JPA classes and persistence.xml file in this case ?

Gul