openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Ognjen Blagojevic <ogn...@etf.bg.ac.yu>
Subject Merging an object
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 17:44:11 GMT
Hi all,

I have a basic problem with openjpa 1.0.0. Merging and object results in
this exception:

<openjpa-1.0.0-r420667:568756 nonfatal user error>
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.InvalidStateException: The generated
value processing detected an existing value assigned to this field:
package.MyEntity.id.  This existing value was either provided via an
initializer or by calling the setter method.  You either need to remove
the @GeneratedValue annotation or modify the code to remove the
initializer processing.

I try to do just a simple operation of updating MyEntity.someField in
database, for id=5, like this:

   MyEntity myEntity = new Entity();
   myEntity.setId(5);
   myEntity.setSomeField("abc");
   em = emf.createEntityManager();
   em.getTransaction().begin();
   em.merge(myEntity);
   em.getTransaction().commit();
   em.close();

I tried to google, but no luck. Exception is thrown when merge method is
called.

Field id in MyEntity have @GeneratedValue(strategy =
GenerationType.IDENTITY).

Any suggestions? How do I update someField in MyEntity?

Regards,
Ognjen