openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <adam.ma...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject setting up transactions
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2007 15:09:49 GMT
I need transactions in my webapp using the OpenSessionInView filter pattern to
enable use of entities in my JSPs.

I am not using an EJB3 container, and I am restricting my use of Spring, or at
least trying to, to the IoC and transaction manager (for XML transaction
configuration).

Is there a recognised JPA mechanism or pattern or an open-source framework for
non-EJB container transactions for this:

(1) servlet filter starts an EntityManager for a thread
(2) stores it in a ThreadLocal
(3) passes it to the transaction manager (Spring at the moment)
(4) lets JSPs run
(5) commits or gets Spring tx manager to commit / rollback etc

I am currently stripping down Spring-web's OpenEntityManagerInViewFilter but if
there is another lightweight transaction framework out there which fits well
with JPA, it'd be preferable.

Thanks
Adam