openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Nicolas Modrzyk" <n...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Persistent collection
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 11:06:56 GMT
By the way, I am currenly using the following query;

String s = "SELECT x FROM AuthIdentifierSet x inner join x.backingSet
y WHERE y.value = 'niko'";

where in my java code I have:

public class AuthIdentifierSet  {

    @PersistentCollection(elementCascade=CascadeType.ALL)
    private Collection<String> backingSet = new HashSet<String>();
}

and this is the error message I have:

    [junit] <openjpa-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-runknown nonfatal user error>
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.ArgumentException: An error occurred
while parsing the query filter "SELECT x FROM AuthIdentifierSet x
inner join x.backingSet y WHERE y.value = 'niko'". Error message:
Attempt to query field "y.value" from non-entity class "null".

value in this case, is the private char array of the string class.
I tried a few other things, but that one seemed the closest from what I wanted.

Any ideas is welcome.

Niko,