openjpa-users mailing list archives

From gutostraube <gutostra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with OpenJPA Enhancer on Tomcat 6
Date Sun, 25 Nov 2007 11:24:51 GMT

Hi,

I'm running directly from Eclipse. (Right click > Run As > Ant Build).

The target for Enhancer on my build.xml looks like this:

<target name="enhance">
  <taskdef name="openjpac" classname="org.apache.openjpa.ant.PCEnhancerTask"
/>

  <openjpac>
    <config propertiesFile="classes/META-INF/persistence.xml" />
    <fileset dir="./classes/br/ufpr/notario">
      <include name="**/model/*.class" />
      <exclude name="**/model/JPAServlet.class" />
    </fileset>
  </openjpac>
</target>

After adding the classes in the classpath I've run the ant task. Thanks!

The problem now is that an exception is thrown due to encoding of database
be different from the application.

The line of the error is as follows:
org.apache.openjpa.lib.jdbc.ReportingSQLException: ERROR: character 0xefbfbd
of encoding "UTF8" has no equivalent in "LATIN1"

Now I am looking for a config to solve this problem. I tried to look at
OpenJPA User's Guide, but found nothing related to encoding so far.

I don't want to have to change the database's encoding. This is my only
option? Any hint?

Thanks again,

Gustavo Straube