openjpa-users mailing list archives

From farsad <fars...@hotmail.com>
Subject org.springframework.dao.InvalidDataAccessApiUsageException: Encountered unmanaged object
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 18:06:44 GMT

I have never encountered this problem under the current circumstances. My
question is if you can have two different <entity>s (or tables in the
database) inherit from the same MappedSuperClass?

I have defined two entities whose corresponding classes both inherit from
the same class.
ie. Entity A and Entity B are both inheriting from class C.

<mappedsuperclass C>

<entityA>
<entityB>

When ever I am writing to A, there is no problem.. when ever I am trying to
write to B, I get the exception in the subject line.

Can anyone help?
Thanks