openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Adish Abnave" <aabn...@businessobjects.com>
Subject Help Needed - Integrating OpenJPA in webapp using Struts
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 04:50:42 GMT
I have my DAO layer implemented using open JPA. My service
implementation code is made Transactional using the

Spring "@Transactional" annotation. I have my service test case extended
from the AbstractJpaTests and the test cases simulate detached objects
by ending a transaction and starting a new one. When ever I end a
transaction the Entity's stateManager instance is instance of
DetachedStateManager indicating it is detached entity. I merge the
detached entities and all test cases pass. When I integrate my service
code with the Web App I put the detached Entities on the Http Session
and merge them later but I get the EntityExistsException when merging
detached Entites. Also the stateManager instance is null, I would have
expected it to be DetachedStateManager.I am using the Spring frameworks
Transaction manager.

Below is my JPA config,

 <!-- JPA Configuration Beans Wiring -->

    <bean id="entityManagerFactory"
class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBea
n">

        <property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource"/>

        <property name="jpaVendorAdapter">

            <bean
class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.vendor.OpenJpaVendorAdapter">

                <property name="showSql" value="false"/>

                <property name="generateDdl" value="true"/>

                <property name="databasePlatform"
value="org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.OracleDictionary"/>

            </bean>

        </property>

        <property name="jpaDialect">

            <bean
class="com.inxight.mdr.core.jpa.OracleOpenJpaDialect"/>

        </property>

        <property name="loadTimeWeaver">

            <bean
class="org.springframework.instrument.classloading.SimpleLoadTimeWeaver"
/>

        </property>

    </bean>

    <bean id="jpaTemplate"
class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.JpaTemplate">

        <property name="entityManagerFactory"
ref="entityManagerFactory"/>

    </bean>

    <bean name="transactionManager"
class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.JpaTransactionManager">

        <property name="entityManagerFactory" ref="entityManagerFactory"
/>

        <property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource"/>

    </bean>

    <tx:annotation-driven proxy-target-class="true"/>

If anyone is can shed some light on this issue it will be really
helpful.

Thanks,

Adish