openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <adam.ha...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject persistence location in META-INF
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:44:51 GMT
Hello OpenJPA List,

I have just started using OpenJPA and in fact JPA itself, as I build a
new set of frameworks for a new application. It does look like it is
going to lighten the load considerably, from what I can tell so far.

I am building a prototype web application and it looks like my
META-INF/persistence.xml is not found when the directory is located in
the web root.

I read the docs and moved it to
WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/persistence.xml, but that means then that I
will have 2 META-INF directories in my application, since I need to put
other resources in META-INF too, where it must be in the web context
root, conformant with the servlet specification.

Having 2 META-INF directories hasn't caused any problems yet, but I
wouldn't like to rely on it to stay that way.

Reading the EJB JPA spec, it is quite specific about putting the
META-INF dir in WEB-INF/classes.

I can't find any discussion of this on the net, but it looks like a
direct conflict. What is the general concensus on this list?

Thanks
Adam