openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Gene Wu <gene...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: EntityManager.find problem
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 08:07:26 GMT

could you try to begin the transaction before you find the object?

and what's your error message?

Thanks,

Gene

> Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 00:23:03 -0700
> From: gurkanerdogdu@yahoo.com
> Subject: Re: EntityManager.find problem
> To: users@openjpa.apache.org
>
> Hey,
>
> You could just get a some reference using find() method and try commit transaction on
it.

> It must not be so complicated :)
>
> Thanks;

noting when commit transaction;

> > EntityManager manager = get entitymanager
> > EntityTransaction transaction = manager.getTransaction();
> >
> > User user = manager.find(User.class,useroid);
> > user.setstatus('s');
> >
> > transaction.commit;
> >
> > manager.close;
> >
> > But when I changes the code to get user object with query, then it works when commit
transaction and update database

> > EntityManager manager = get entitymanager
> >
> > EntityTransaction transaction = manager.getTransaction();
> >

> > Query q = manager.createQuery('select c User c where c.oid=:oid');
> > User user = q.getResultList().get(0);
> >

> > user.setstatus('s');
> >
> > transaction.commit;
> >

> > manager.close;
> >
> > What is the problem with manager.find()?
> >
> > Thanks;

> > http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/
> >

> --
> Patrick Linskey
> 202 669 5907

> Check out the hottest 2008 models today at Yahoo! Autos.
> http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html

Kick back and relax with hot games and cool activities at the Messenger Café.
http://www.cafemessenger.com?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_SeptWLtagline