openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Non-EE mapping classes?
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 17:28:52 GMT
Actually, you should be able to call
Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory("foo", map), where "foo" is the
name of your persistence unit in a META-INF/persistence.xml file.

-Patrick

On 9/10/07, Gene Wu <gene_wu@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I think so. and you have to use OpenJPA specified APIs instead of JPA standard one.
>
> Here is an example:
> OpenJPAPersistence.getEntityFactory(map);
>
> The map instance contains the properties from local file.
>
> Thanks
>
> Gene.
>
> > Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 20:58:11 -0500
> > From: justin@stanczakgroup.com
> > To: users@openjpa.apache.org
> > Subject: Re: Non-EE mapping classes?
> >
> > So where can I put this xml file so it will work in my jar? I'm assuming
> > I can then load a properties file that will override the xml settings?
> >
> > Gene Wu wrote:
> > > In my opinion, for OpenJPA, you have to use one persistence.xml. Here is the
reason.

> > > You might create a persistence entity manager without persistence.xml, but
OpenJPA used to enhance java entity classes. The JAVA agent of OpenJPA (Runtime Enhancement)
needs at least one persistence.xml (or orm.xml). Meanwhile, runtime enhancement has the minimum
requirement on configuration file, even you didn't put your entity class in that file.

> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Gene.

> > > Gear up for Halo(r) 3 with free downloads and an exclusive offer. It's our
way of saying thanks for using Windows Live™.
> > > http://gethalo3gear.com?ocid=SeptemberWLHalo3_WLHMTxt_2
> > >

> > --
> > Justin Stanczak
> > Stanczak Group
> > 812-735-3600
> >
> > "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
> > Edmund Burke

> More photos; more messages; more whatever – Get MORE with Windows Live™ Hotmail(r).
NOW with 5GB storage.

--
Patrick Linskey
202 669 5907