openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Marc Logemann ...@logemann.org>
Subject Re: Lazy load for detached entities
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2007 12:02:57 GMT
Evgeny,

i have the same app layout when it comes to DAOs and detachment when
communication with business layer but i dont know if i would do it
again. You should consider making the business logic EntityManager-
aware as Patrick said. This way you have the full set of features
like lazy loading and stuff. Furthermore its more performance
friendly because most likely (in your and my scenario) you are going
to re-attach the object because of persisting or updating it in the
DB and this will definitely cost performance.

--
regards
Marc Logemann