openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Stanczak Group <jus...@stanczakgroup.com>
Subject Re: Non-EE mapping classes?
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 01:58:11 GMT
So where can I put this xml file so it will work in my jar? I'm assuming
I can then load a properties file that will override the xml settings?

Gene Wu wrote:
> In my opinion, for OpenJPA, you have to use one persistence.xml. Here is the reason.
>
> You might create a persistence entity manager without persistence.xml, but OpenJPA used
to enhance java entity classes. The JAVA agent of OpenJPA (Runtime Enhancement) needs at least
one persistence.xml (or orm.xml). Meanwhile, runtime enhancement has the minimum requirement
on configuration file, even you didn't put your entity class in that file.

> Thanks,
>
> Gene.
>

>> Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 20:29:05 -0500
>> From: justin@stanczakgroup.com
>> To: users@openjpa.apache.org
>> Subject: Non-EE mapping classes?
>>
>> How do I map classes if I'm not using persistence.xml or EE? Usually you
>> use xml like this:
>> <class>tutorial.Animal</class>
>> but I'm using a properties file.
>>
>> --
>> Justin Stanczak
>> Stanczak Group
>> 812-735-3600
>>
>> "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
>> Edmund Burke

> Gear up for Halo® 3 with free downloads and an exclusive offer. It’s our way of saying
thanks for using Windows Live™.

--
Justin Stanczak
Stanczak Group