openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Christian Defoy" <christian.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Connection usage
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 13:21:20 GMT
Hello,

Quick question about connection usage:

I was performing some tests and I noticed that my connection pool was
configured for 10 connections but theoretically, I should need only
one so I set the connection pool size to 1.  Now, my application
deadlocks because it appears that getEntityManager() requests a
connection and query.getResultList() requests one too.

When I read section 4.8 "Configuring the Use of JDBC Connections", I
thought that setting openjpa.ConnectionRetainMode to "always" would
have the entity manager retain its connection (that part works fine)
but that it would have the entity manager share that connection with
queries...

Is there a way to make that happen?  My server is kind of counting on
the fact that a single connection is used to process a single
request...

Christian