openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Problems switching to latest snapshot build!
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 04:24:27 GMT
Hi Prashant,

On Aug 13, 2007, at 9:19 PM, Prashant Bhat wrote:

> Should I really switch to field level annotations? And I would also
> like to
> know which approach is better(recommended),  field level or
> property level
> annotations?

My recommendation is to use field persistence for persistent classes,
and only use property persistence for persistent interfaces and
persistent abstract classes (if your provider supports them).

Using field persistence allows you to define your user contract the
way you want to, and not subject the user contract to arbitrary rules
of property persistence.

Regards,

Craig

Craig Russell