openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Marc Prud'hommeaux <mprud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.openjpa.util.CacheMap?
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 22:06:43 GMT
Jeffrey-

Actually, it turns out that OpenJPA does extend the JPA spec to
support @OneToOne and @ManyToOne field as @Id fields (according to
http://openjpa.apache.org/docs/latest/manual/
manual.html#ref_guide_pc_oid_entitypk ). So it sounds like what you
are trying to do should work.

What does your com.sun.portal.pom.PreferenceId look like? Do you have
primitive fields corresponding to the primary keys of the Preferences
class, as well as one for the String name field?

On Aug 2, 2007, at 8:17 AM, Jeffrey Blattman wrote:

> thanks marc,
>
> this seems like a very common use case. for example, Book and Page
> entities. A Book has many Pages. obviously a Page object needs to
> somehow factor it's Book into it's ID, otherwise page 1 in Book A
> and page 1 in Book B can't both exist.
>
> i think i worked around, considering the example above, by adding
> an additional String bookName field in Page and making that the ID.
> that field doesn't have a setter of it's own and gets set when the
> book field is set. this results in a less than normalized table,
> but oh well.
>
> thanks for your help.
>
> Marc Prud'hommeaux wrote:
>> Jeffrey-
>>
>> The problem is that a @ManyToOne cannot be an @Id (as per section
>> 2.1.4 of the JPA spec). You could do it with an @EmbeddedId, but
>> only if you actually embed all of the fields of the embedded class
>> as primary keys of the (which doesn't appear to be what you want).
>>
>> I'm a little surprised that OpenJPA didn't give your an earlier
>> warning or error about this.
>>

>> On Aug 1, 2007, at 9:52 PM, Jeffrey Blattman wrote:
>>
>>> thanks.
>>>
>>> package com.sun.portal.pom;
>>>
>>> import java.io.Serializable;
>>> import java.util.ArrayList;
>>> import java.util.List;
>>> import javax.persistence.CascadeType;
>>> import javax.persistence.Column;
>>> import javax.persistence.Id;
>>> import javax.persistence.IdClass;
>>> import javax.persistence.ManyToOne;
>>> import javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlElement;
>>>
>>> @IdClass (com.sun.portal.pom.PreferenceId.class)
>>> @javax.persistence.Entity
>>> public class Preference implements Serializable {
>>>    @Id
>>>    @Column(
>>>        name = "PREFERENCE_NAME",
>>>        nullable = false
>>>    )
>>>    @XmlElement (
>>>        name = "name"
>>>    )       private String name;       @Column(
>>>        name="PREFERENCE_VALUES",
>>>        nullable = false
>>>    )
>>>    @XmlElement (
>>>        name = "value"
>>>    )       private List<String> values = new ArrayList<String>();
>>>     @Id
>>>    @ManyToOne (
>>>      cascade = CascadeType.ALL,
>>>      optional = false
>>>    )
>>>    private Preferences preferences;
>>>
>>>    public String getName() {
>>>        return name;
>>>    }
>>>
>>>    public void setName(String name) {
>>>        this.name = name;
>>>    }
>>>
>>>    public List<String> getValues() {
>>>        return values;
>>>    }
>>>
>>>    public void setValues(List<String> values) {
>>>        this.values = values;
>>>    }
>>>          public boolean equals(Object o) {
>>>        if (!(o instanceof Preference)) {
>>>            return false;
>>>        }
>>>              Preference other = (Preference)o;
>>>              PreferenceId id = new PreferenceId(this);
>>>        PreferenceId otherId = new PreferenceId(other);
>>>              return id.equals(otherId);
>>>    }
>>>    public int hashCode() {
>>>        PreferenceId id = new PreferenceId(this);
>>>        return id.hashCode();
>>>    }
>>>
>>>    public Preferences getPreferences() {
>>>        return preferences;
>>>    }
>>>
>>>    public void setPreferences(Preferences preferences) {
>>>        this.preferences = preferences;
>>>    }
>>> }

There