openjpa-users mailing list archives

From sudhakar <sudha...@co.brazos.tx.us>
Subject Using openjpa in Eclipse RCP
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2007 18:10:55 GMT
I have an Eclipse RCP application and a plugin project that uses
OpenJPA. I can get the TestNG tests to run successfully by passing

-javaagent:C:\Libraries\openjpa\current\openjpa.jar

as VM arguments. When I try to launch the RCP application with the
plugin I get the following stacktrace

    at
    at
    at
sun.instrument.InstrumentationImpl.loadClassAndStartAgent(InstrumentationImpl.java:323)
    at
sun.instrument.InstrumentationImpl.loadClassAndCallPremain(InstrumentationImpl.java:338)
org/apache/commons/lang/exception/NestableRuntimeException
    at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:56)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:276)
    at
org.apache.openjpa.enhance.PCEnhancerAgent.premain(PCEnhancerAgent.java:47)
    ... 6 more
Exception in thread "main" FATAL ERROR in native method: processing of
-javaagent failed

I realize this has to do with Eclipse classloading....but I was hoping
someone else on this list might have gotten this to work I'd appreciate
any pointers.

Thanks
-sud