openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Blattman <jeffrey.blatt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.openjpa.util.CacheMap?
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 15:17:56 GMT
thanks marc,

this seems like a very common use case. for example, Book and Page
entities. A Book has many Pages. obviously a Page object needs to
somehow factor it's Book into it's ID, otherwise page 1 in Book A and
page 1 in Book B can't both exist.

i think i worked around, considering the example above, by adding an
additional String bookName field in Page and making that the ID. that
field doesn't have a setter of it's own and gets set when the book field
is set. this results in a less than normalized table, but oh well.

thanks for your help.