openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Prashant Bhat" <prashant...@gmail.com>
Subject Problems switching to latest snapshot build!
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 04:19:05 GMT
Hi,

I'm migrating from OpenJPA version id: openjpa-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-r420667:559353
to the latest version id: openjpa-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-r420667:564688
And I'm not able run the application with the same set of procedures I used
earlier(i.e. enhance entities and run).

1). In the base entity, I've method to check if it's a new entity.
@Transient public boolean isNewEntity() ;
It's not throwing any warning messages before, but now I get the following
msg.
18969  samooha-entities  WARN   [AWT-EventQueue-0] openjpa.MetaData - No
setter was found for method new in type com.sample.entity.BaseEntity while
searching for persistent properties. This method will be ignored. If you
intended for this to be persistent, please add a corresponding setter, or
switch to field access for this type hierarchy.

Should I really switch to field level annotations? And I would also like to
know which approach is better(recommended),  field level or property level
annotations?

2). Although I've already enhanced the classes, the following exception is
thrown. (I'm using Spring-2.0.6)

org.springframework.transaction.CannotCreateTransactionException: Could not
open JPA EntityManager for transaction; nested exception is <
openjpa-0.0.0-r420667:564688 fatal general error>
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException:
com.sun.tools.attach.VirtualMachine
Caused by:
<openjpa-0.0.0-r420667:564688 fatal general error>
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException:
com.sun.tools.attach.VirtualMachine
    at org.apache.openjpa.enhance.ClassRedefiner.redefineClasses(
ClassRedefiner.java:111)
    at
org.apache.openjpa.enhance.ManagedClassSubclasser.prepareUnenhancedClasses(
ManagedClassSubclasser.java:124)
NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.AbstractBrokerFactory.loadPersistentTypes(
AbstractBrokerFactory.java:287)
    at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.AbstractBrokerFactory.newBroker(
AbstractBrokerFactory.java:197)
    at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.DelegatingBrokerFactory.newBroker(
DelegatingBrokerFactory.java:142)
    at
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManager(
EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:190)
    at
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManager(
EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:143)
    at
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManager(
EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:55)
    at
org.springframework.orm.jpa.JpaTransactionManager.createEntityManagerForTransaction
(JpaTransactionManager.java:391)
    at org.springframework.orm.jpa.JpaTransactionManager.doBegin(
JpaTransactionManager.java:315)
    at
org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.getTransaction
(AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.java:350)
com.sun.tools.attach.VirtualMachine
    at org.java.plugin.standard.StandardPluginClassLoader.loadClass(
StandardPluginClassLoader.java:378)
    at org.apache.openjpa.enhance.InstrumentationFactory.getInstrumentation(
InstrumentationFactory.java:76)
    at org.apache.openjpa.enhance.ClassRedefiner.redefineClasses(
ClassRedefiner.java:69)
    ... 36 more

Did I miss any new configuration property to be set?

With Regards,
Prashant.