openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Christiaan <christiaan...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance: single vs multiple transactions
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 14:49:38 GMT

Hi,
"Are you holding hard references to the instances that are being
deleted?"

Yes, each object to be deleted has about 4 references to it, either 1-to-1
or 1-to-many. As you can see in myDelete() I first update these references
(setting them to null or removing them from the collection), then perform a
flush() then do the actual delete, and then again a flush(). They are only
referenced by other PC objects;

"Are you running the OpenJPA enhancer over your types?"
Yes, when compiling my classes I run the ant task <jdoc> All classes
involved in the delete are enhanced classes.

kind regards,
Christiaan