openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Deleting an instance from a Collection using update.
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 16:23:47 GMT
Hi,

On Jul 19, 2007, at 6:23 AM, CASERO Jaime wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>             I have several One-To-Many relations among my entities. I
> expected that when I remove an instance from the collection, and
> update
> the collection owner, the first one would be removed from the DB. But
> the instance is still there.
>
> Searching the manual I discovered a propietary extension, by OpenJPA,
> called "ElementDependent", specially designed for this purpose. I
> still
> getting the same results.

Yes, if you have annotated the collection with ElementDependent, then
removing the instance from the collection should delete the instance
from the database.

>             Is there any special setting needed to enable
> "ElementDependent"? Can anyone confirm this feature support? If yes, a
> simple example would be very appreciated.

I don't know of any reason it wouldn't work. But I've not used it
myself.

Craig

>             Thanks In Advance, regards.
>
> Jaime Casero
>
> Confidentiality Statement:
>
> This message is intended only for the individual or entity to which
> it is addressed. It may contain privileged, confidential
> information which is exempt from disclosure under applicable laws.
> If you are not the intended recipient, please note that you are
> strictly prohibited from disseminating or distributing this
> information (other than to the intended recipient) or copying this
> information. If you have received this communication in error,
> please notify us immediately by return email.

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!