openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Marc Prud'hommeaux <mprud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: When to use AbstractStoreManager?
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2007 01:15:00 GMT
Ed-

You are correct: OpenJPA was designed to allow the modular
development of a custom back-end using the AbstractStoreManager for
the basic data store operations. Many of the base methods allow you
to develop the interactions in a naive way, and then make them more
performant and sophisticated over time.

We even have an example implementation of a custom StoreManager that
simply stores data in XML files: you can see the code at https://
svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openjpa/trunk/openjpa-xmlstore/src/main/java/
org/apache/openjpa/xmlstore/ or browse the javadocs at http://
openjpa.apache.org/docs/latest/javadoc/org/apache/openjpa/xmlstore/
XMLStoreManager.html

We're always excited when people use that aspect of the architecture,
so we would be interested to learn whether you decide to use it or not.