openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: build-time enhancement question
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2007 04:31:03 GMT
Do you have Kodo in your build path? Are you using WebLogic? WebLogic
Server 10 includes Kodo as part of it, and Kodo in turn includes
OpenJPA. So, if you're using WebLogic, then you're implicitly also
using Kodo. The version of Kodo shipping with WebLogic includes full
JDO2 support. I would imagine that if you recompiled your classes and
ran openjpac with '-jdoEnhance false', you'd get the expected
behavior; have you tried that after a clean build?

-Patrick

On 6/8/07, os_developer <os_developer@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> It isn't my intention to use Kodo.  I'm only
> intentionally using openjpa but I am using weblogic.
> Do I have to use Kodo if I'm using weblogic or should
> I take a look at my build setup at little closer?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrea
>

> --- Patrick Linskey <plinskey@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > It sounds like you're using Kodo, not just OpenJPA.
> > Is that correct?
> >
> > If so, what version of Kodo are you using?
> >
> > -Patrick
> >
> > On 6/8/07, os_developer <os_developer@yahoo.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I hope this is the appropriate place to ask this
> > > question.
> > >
> > > I am using the ant task <openjpac> to enhance my
> > > classes at build-time but when I invoke them, I
> > get an
> > > error stating NoClassDefFound for
> > > javax/jdo/spi/PersistenceCapable.  I am using the
> > > hellojpa sample code and have just modified it to
> > use
> > > openjpac instead of using the javaagent at
> > run-time.
> > >
> > > I felt that getting any kind of jdo error would be
> > > unexpected.  Do I really need to resolve all of
> > the
> > > jdo dependencies to get this to work?  It works
> > fine
> > > using the run-time enhancement.
> > >
> > > I've also had trouble finding details on how to
> > use
> > > the openjpac task.  I thought that perhaps
> > specifying
> > > -jdoEnhance as false might do the trick - but how
> > do I
> > > do that in ant since it seems to ignore it as a
> > > property?
> > >
> > > Thanks for any help you can offer.
> > >
> > > Andrea

> > > Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo!
> > Small Business gives you all the tools to get
> > online.
> > > http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/webhosting
> > >

> > --
> > Patrick Linskey
> > 202 669 5907

> Park yourself in front of a world of choices in alternative vehicles. Visit the Yahoo!
Auto Green Center.

--
Patrick Linskey
202 669 5907