openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JPA 2.1 Progress
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2017 08:37:05 GMT
Hi Michael,
sorry for the late reply and thanks for your appreciation!

My 2c on the questions below, especially because I also have some
interest in being able to run a non-SNAPSHOT version of OpenJPA 3.0.0
with Syncope 2.1.0 / Spring 5.

AFAICT, the current trunk (e.g. 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT) already features some
interesting enhancements when compared to 2.4.x (e.g. 2.4.3-SNAPSHOT),
including Java 8 / JPA 2.1 compatibility, even though the implementation
is not yet complete.

We also discussed [1] and decided [2] to move on with JPA 2.2 on trunk,
and to a recent inquiry [3] Mark suggested that the possibility of
releasing soon some kind of intermediate release is indeed possible.

Even though the final 3.0.0, fully JPA 2.2 is possibly far in the
future, would it be realistic to consolidate what we have right now into
a 3.0.0-M1 release?

Regards.

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/617c38ef8fb2a68075d17108c7329f1c03b47c30f4970f7a1b5ac11d@%3Cdev.openjpa.apache.org%3E