openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wiles <michael.wi...@gmail.com>
Subject bug in openjpa with ordercolumn and mapped by
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2014 09:50:46 GMT
So I've found some behaviour I didn't expect.

If I use orderColumn  on a one to many it works fine. I see the order
column being updated. This is for a uni directional relationship.

If I however add a mappedBy to make it bidirectional the order column no
longer gets updated.

I assume there's no other reason by bidirectional relationships and order
column shouldn't work. If I try it with another jpa provider it does work
(Eclipselink).

I have created a github project to demonstrate...

see https://github.com/michaelwiles/OpenJpaBugs

--
see my blog:
http://analysis102.blogspot.com