openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Wrobel <kay.wro...@gmx.net>
Subject Does OpenJPA Ship With Derby Client?
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2014 15:22:42 GMT
I am testing TomEE and NetBeans right now, and am a little perplexed as
to why my application works. When I use MySQL, I normally have to
include the mysql driver jar in my project OR copy the jar to the TomEE
lib directory or else the application won't be able to connect.
Naturally, I thought the same for the JavaDB drivers. But it seems that
I don't have the Derby Client library added to my project and in fact it
is not in my project's lib folder, nor is it in the TomEE lib folder.

So I guess my question to either of the two groups is: does OpenJPA /
TomEE ship with its own Derby client library?

Thanks.

Kay