openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: release or not?
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2014 15:01:39 GMT
 >  Let's us know if and how we can help.

Do you have OpenJPA karma to do the release process?  :-)  That's what
we're short on right now.  We have a few people that have left recently and
we have a few where their "day job" is getting in the way.  So, that's the
biggest inhibitor.  I know Mark helped out on the last release we did
(2.3.0), but I'm hearing that his day job is taking up mucho time as
well...  I'll dig around and see if we can get somebody to help out.

Kevin

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 3:47 PM, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <jeanouii@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Looks like a good plan to me. Relevant and perfectly fits what we need (in
> TomEE at least)
> Let's us know if and how we can help.
>
> Jean-Louis

> > Yeah, I see your point.  Maybe it would be better to have 2.4.x with ASM
> 5
> > to support Java 8 and then make trunk (2.5.0) be mainline development for
> > JPA 2.1.  Let's not worry about the work effort at this point, let's just
> > discuss what's the right answer.
> >
> > Even if we wanted to cut a 2.4.0 release, we'd have to revert the build
> > environment from Java 7 back to Java 6 for your needs.  Is that right?
>  Or,
> > would the build of OpenJPA with Java 7 be okay?
> >
> > So, we would end up with...
> >
> > 2.3.x - ASM 4 with Java 6 (Pre-Java 8 usage)
> > 2.4.x - ASM 5 with Java 6 (Useful for TomEE and maybe other OpenJPA
> > environments wishing to use Java 8)
> > 2.5.0 - ASM 5 with Java 7 (trunk, mainline development for JPA 2.1)
> >
> > Is this accurate?
> >
> > Kevin
> >

> > On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 3:06 PM, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <jeanouii@gmail.com
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hum, not easy then.
> > > Creating a 2.3.1 with ASM 5 to support java 8 is quite a significant
> > change
> > > to just change the latest digit, isn't it?
> > > From OpenJPA point of view, it's just a dep update with some minor
> > changes
> > > as far as I understood, but I would maybe increment the minor digit
> > > instead.
> > >
> > > Anyway, I agree with Romain. We can still fork in order to remain Java
> > EE 6
> > > compliant but of course, il would prefer to stick with Apache OpenJPA
> > > project.
> > >
> > > JLouis

> is
> or