openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: release or not?
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2014 22:16:38 GMT
As I look into this a bit, what is the best way to take out the Java 7
support from the 2.4.0 release and 2.4.x branch?  Remove it from trunk and
then cut the release/branch?  Or, cut the release/branch and then revert
the Java 7 changes to build with Java 6 again?  Any preference?

Kevin

On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 3:58 PM, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <jeanouii@gmail.com>
wrote:

> hum, a part from Mark which is, yes, over loader I guess, dunno anyone else
> in OpenJPA project that can help on that area.
>
> JLouis

> >  >  Let's us know if and how we can help.
> >
> > Do you have OpenJPA karma to do the release process?  :-)  That's what
> > we're short on right now.  We have a few people that have left recently
> and
> > we have a few where their "day job" is getting in the way.  So, that's
> the
> > biggest inhibitor.  I know Mark helped out on the last release we did
> > (2.3.0), but I'm hearing that his day job is taking up mucho time as
> > well...  I'll dig around and see if we can get somebody to help out.
> >
> > Kevin
> >

> > On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 3:47 PM, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <jeanouii@gmail.com
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Looks like a good plan to me. Relevant and perfectly fits what we need
> > (in
> > > TomEE at least)
> > > Let's us know if and how we can help.
> > >
> > > Jean-Louis