openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there a memory leak with org.apache.openjpa.kernel.FinalizingBrokerImpl
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2014 18:00:25 GMT
Interesting!  Looking at this JIRA, it looks like the proposed change was
put into 1.3.0 and tentatively put into the 2.0 stream.  But, then it was
backed out to some performance concern...

Any chance you could run with this patch and see if it helps with your
memory leak?

As Patrick indicated in the nabble post, the use of FinalizingBrokerImpl is
a "stop gap" measure.  But, if you must run with it, then we should try to
identify the source of the memory leak and resolve it.

Kevin