openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Chathuri Wimalasena <>
Subject Is there a memory leak with org.apache.openjpa.kernel.FinalizingBrokerImpl
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2014 17:20:11 GMT
Hi Devs,

We are using apache openJPA 2.2 version and we experience some memory leak
issues. While analyzing the memory dump, I see
*as one suspect for the memory leak.

311,437 instances of *"org.apache.openjpa.kernel.FinalizingBrokerImpl"*,
loaded by *"sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader @ 0x117a09088"* occupy
(55.60%)* bytes. These instances are referenced from one instance of
*"java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap$Segment[]"*, loaded by *"<system
class loader>"*

sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader @ 0x117a09088

While searching, I found [1] which is still open. Does this patch applied
in openJPA 2.2 version ? Any idea why I might get this issue and any
suggestions to avoid this ?