openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Information for XA Transaction
Date Wed, 21 May 2014 19:28:02 GMT
You would probably do better by posting this type of question to the
"users" forum.  The "dev" forum is for development of the OpenJPA project.
Of course, we would welcome any contributions and participation, but I
think you are looking for usage expertise, not development.

Since OpenJPA is WebSphere's JPA solution, there isn't much configuration
required from an OpenJPA perspective.  The configuration should be mainly
on the WebSphere side.  You will need to configure your datasource to use
the XA JDBC driver.  And, you'll need to demarcate user/global transactions
either via Bean-managed or Container-managed mechanisms.  Once you have
those items configured and in use, then the coordination of the resources
is up to the Transaction manager in WebSphere.

Of course, you didn't mention how heavily integrated your Spring usage is.
Depending on how much of the Spring features you are trying to use, you may
need to configure Spring to understand that WebSphere is in play.  A good
starting point for that is this article by Tom Alcott and friends:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/techjournal/0609_alcott/0609_alcott.html

It mentions Hibernate as well, but using the WebSphere JPA provider should
make that easier.

Referencing Spring's documentation is also good.  They have many examples
of integrating with WebSphere.

Good luck,
Kevin