openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: release or not?
Date Fri, 30 May 2014 14:58:33 GMT
Hi Romain,
I can't speak for everybody on our dev list, but I don't have the cycles to
create an OpenJPA release just for TomEE.  It sounds like we might need
more TomEE developers with OpenJPA karma to help out in this regard...
Hint, hint...  :-)

Just curious, which stream are you looking for a release from?  The 2.3.x
service stream, or the 2.4.0 trunk stream?  If the latter, then you realize
that this has been moved to require Java 7 in preparation for JPA 2.1 and
the rest of Java EE?  Does that matter to you?  If you are looking for a
2.3.x release, then I still have two outstanding Infra JIRAs for doing the
nightly code and doc builds...

Sorry that I can't be of more help, but we've had a few OpenJPA developers
move onto other "day jobs" and their time on OpenJPA has dropped off
considerably...  Just too much work for the people left...

Kevin