openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: release or not?
Date Fri, 30 May 2014 20:34:45 GMT
Yeah, I see your point.  Maybe it would be better to have 2.4.x with ASM 5
to support Java 8 and then make trunk (2.5.0) be mainline development for
JPA 2.1.  Let's not worry about the work effort at this point, let's just
discuss what's the right answer.

Even if we wanted to cut a 2.4.0 release, we'd have to revert the build
environment from Java 7 back to Java 6 for your needs.  Is that right?  Or,
would the build of OpenJPA with Java 7 be okay?

So, we would end up with...

2.3.x - ASM 4 with Java 6 (Pre-Java 8 usage)
2.4.x - ASM 5 with Java 6 (Useful for TomEE and maybe other OpenJPA
environments wishing to use Java 8)
2.5.0 - ASM 5 with Java 7 (trunk, mainline development for JPA 2.1)

Is this accurate?

Kevin