openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Memory Leak
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2014 14:21:08 GMT
This data structure is what is normally returned when executing
Query.getResultList().  I agree that your png shows a large ResultList.
But, I would question what type of query and what type of object model is
being used to populate such a large result.  Are all of your relationships
set to Eager fetch mode?  Or, does your query span thousands of rows of
data?  Maybe you should consider Large Result Set processing [1]?  This
would help with only getting chunks of the requested data at a time,
instead of everything all at once.

At this point, I wouldn't call this a memory leak.  I would just call this
a huge consumer of memory.  I mean, this data structure isn't growing, is
it?  It's just a very large ResultList, right?

Good luck,
Kevin

[1]
http://ci.apache.org/projects/openjpa/trunk/docbook/manual.html#ref_guide_dbsetup_lrs