openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Todd Nine <t...@spidertracks.com>
Subject Running more than 1 Entity Manager per JVM
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2014 03:27:44 GMT
Hi guys,
  I have a strange use case I can't get any help with in the user mailing
list.  I'm hoping you guys can give me a hand.  I'm the author of this plug
in.

https://github.com/riptano/hector-jpa/

This is not an XA data store, and doesn't participate in transactions.  I'm
attempting to help a user with an online migration from this Cassandra
plugin to MySQL.  Initially, I thought using slices would be the solution.
 However, since the Hector JPA adapter is not a JDBC connector, this
doesn't work.

My next thought is to proxy changes that occur on commit (in the open jpa
transaction, not the JDBC one) through to another Entity Manager that is
connected only to MySQL.  This way, we get the dual write functionality we
need for online migration, and we can perform background migration.

Can you guys provide any examples on doing something like this?  I'm not
sure where to start.

Also, is it possible to run 2 entity managers in the same runtime?  I can't
seem to find any documentation on doing so.

Thanks,
Todd