openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Serdyn du Toit <dutoi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: quick Eclipse setup
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2013 22:54:27 GMT
Aaah okay, thanks for the response.

I was hoping to be able to add the OpenJpa Eclipse projects to the build
path however - so that I can use the classes that Eclipse generates.  Ie
you change the Java files and due to Eclipse building things in the
background you can immediately run your code and see your changes
reflected.  Ie you don't need to continually rebuild the openjpa-all jar.

I guess I can copy the Java files I want to modify into my project.  Even
though I do have the openjpa-all jar file on my build path the classloader
will use the classes generated from the project instead of those in the
openjpa-all jar file.  (For anyone that didn't know this - this is very
useful if you want to override a small bit of behavior in a jar file
without repackaging the source, the jar, with your changes)

Thanks - clarified my thinking.  Going to go with the latter for now until
it becomes clear to me that what I initially tried to do is in fact
possible.

Many thanks :)
Serdyn du Toit